Thursday, April 17, 2008

City Center Revitalization



Here is a project that I have been working on for our planning department.  They are working with a committee that is putting together a plan to do some urban renewal type projects.  This is a rendering of some added bulb-outs and added street trees and benches and plants.  I don'tparticularly agree with the project, but I do have to say that Sketchup has been a great resource for displaying the project.  

The committee will be using the drawings as well as a video to assist in getting funding for the project.  They will also use this information to show the local business owners the project.  

I am working on getting Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements here at work so I can edit the building photos before I use them.  I would like to remove the cars and trees from the building photos.  Premiere is a video editing software that I will use to put multiple videos together and to add text and sound to the videos.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay first revitalization and needed city wide improvements is much needed in cities and towns. it not only creates lively neighborhoods but also increases economic activity and community pride.

As for the program good luck on that. If your city/ town has a vocational high school have the kids make it there while you supervise.

Not only would they learn somehting you and the town/ city would also be saving some money, rather than have a company survey it and etc....

Wheres the town/city by any chance. Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

Check out the GIMP for Photoshop alternative. Go open source!