Thursday, June 12, 2008

Google Sketchup 3D Basecamp Day 2

Today was another great day at the Google Headquarters. The day was packed full of hour long sessions to choose from. During the first hour session I chose to forgo the sessions and visit the 'Sketchup Lab.' This is the play to go to share models, experiences, troubles, and get help. One of the Ruby Script authors was there sharing some extremely valuable information. His name is Todd Burch and he has many scripts on the Smustard website. Stay tuned for some exciting information that will drastically transform the way you take Autocad or Civil3D files into sketchup to model in 3D.

The other sessions I attended taught me alot about how to manage large models and how to work with the 'sandbox' tools and digital terrain.

I am excited to share what I have learned and I hope you all find it useful. If any of you reading this have been here at the Sketchup Base Camp please let me know. I'd love to connect with more people that use this software in a similar manner.

No comments: