Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sketchup 3D Basecamp Day 1

Today was the first day of the Google Sketchup 3D Base camp. I have nothing but good things to say about the experience so far. Today I attended three sessions: Smart Modeling, Geo modeling, and Sketchup & Autocad.

I will share in more detail the useful things I learned. The Smart Modeling session was about making models that were organized and did not have more detail than is needed. This will greatly useful in the large models that we build.

Geo modeling was about taking a photograph, and using the 'photo match' tool to build a 3d model, and then placing the model into Google Earth.

Sketchup and Autocad was about just that. The interface between sketchup and Autocad. This session had the most valuable information of the day. Stay tuned for some great time saving tips for taking your Autocad files and turning them into Sketchup Models.

Tomorrow is going to be another great day! I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

squeaks said...

Glad to hear it's going well you'll have to fill me in with the details when you get back.